Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Synopsis

Friday - My friends, Cameron and Coleman, decided to hit up the 'Shops of Legacy' and challenge each other in darts. Cameron is moving out to and looking for a new job in Houston, Texas. I wish him the best!

Saturday - Greg and I went to Hurricane Harbor. We took on the slide 'Der Stuka' - let me break this down for you. We climbed 7 stories to the top, which almost to the top we encountered a backed-up line...so stuck in 40mph wind up 70 feet above a busy highway. I don't think I could have done it without Greg's encouragment. After all of the other slides, I still would have not done without his encouragment, we went to Papasitos. Determined not to spend a dollar on that overpriced food at the water park, we knew we'd spend bookoos @ Papasitos.

Sunday - I awoke after another fantastic 9 hours of undisturbed sleep to play video games. Necessary "me" time.

Monday - Went to pool with Greg and Taylor...Girls just don't get any better after junior year of college. Trust me. Afterwards, we hit up 'Ra Sushi Bar & Grill' - Coleman joined us in celebration. He is now a permanent resident of Dallas, TX once again.

Conclusion: 
  1. I went face to face with my fear of heights 
  2. Said Farewell and Welcome to old friends
  3. Caught up on some "me" time
  4. This weekend has given me the 'recent grad' perspective. The 'recent grad' perspective includes: overwhelming optimism, feelings of grandeur, and lack of direction. 
Furthermore, this was an interesting moment. A moment for me to look from the outside-in, on who I could have been a year ago. All in All. Its best to follow this famous quote by William Shakespeare...

"A friend is one that knows you as you are,
Understands where you've been,
Accepts what you have become,
And still gently allows you to grow."



No comments:

Post a Comment